Demo Project RFP
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
BUILDING DEMOLITION SERVICES
24 JULY 2020
The project scope includes hazardous material abatement, demolition and removal, and clean up, of property improvements on multiple properties within the cities of Universal City, Schertz, Converse, and Bexar County through an Interlocal Agreement with the Alamo Area Council of Government (AACOG). The City of Universal City is the Project Manager for this Project.
The properties include, but are not limited to, nine (9) wood-framed and brick façade single-family residences and storage sheds, one (1) residential concrete foundation, one (1) rural tract with mobile home, sheds, a water well, and three undeveloped parcels with debris.
Upon completion of demolition and clean-up, the properties shall be returned to a natural vegetated state.
See links below for subject property listing, environmental site assessments, and hazardous material surveys.
The City of Universal City has obtained the required Temporary Construction Waiver for Airfield access from JBSA. Contractors should be aware of the requirements of the General Notes from the Temporary Construction Waiver when calculating a bid. the contract that is award the job will have a pre-construction meeting with the City of Universal City and the JBSA-Randolph Airfield Manager prior to starting any work on the project.
Entities interested in providing an estimate should state so in writing to Kim Turner with Universal City.
Online bids are accepted via CIVCAST.
Mailed or hand delivered bids should be sent to 2150 Universal City Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148
|05 August 2020||10:00 AM||Site Visits||414 E. Aviation Blvd|
Universal City, TX 78148
|27 August 2020||2:00 PM||Bids Due/Opening||2150 Universal City Blvd|
Universal City TX 78148
|15 September 2020||6:30 PM||City Council Bid Award||2150 Universal City Blvd|
Universal City, TX 78148
Site visits will begin at 414 E. Lindbergh, Universal City, TX 78148 and then move about until all properties have been presented to bidders
The full project description is included in the Request for Proposal Document document along with Appendices A-D, but not the maps, reports, and forms for the individual properties. Use the links below to obtain those documents that pertain to the individual properties.
Please note that some asbestos surveys were conducted in 2017 with remediation being completed in the same year. However, subsequent asbestos surveys were done in January 2020 and additional ACM were identified for remediation:
Universal City Curb and Street Details for Lindbergh Properties ONLY
2020 Asbestos Survey (all properties combined). The text box below gives an overview of the 2020 results. However, contractors are strongly encouraged to read all of the reports for each project listed in the text box below.
1. 10721 Elvira Ave., Schertz, TX 78154: All materials sampled for demolition are NAD, No Asbestos Detected.
2. 10725 Elvira Ave., Schertz, TX 78154: All materials sampled for demolition are NAD, No Asbestos Detected.
3. 10731 Elvira Ave., Schertz, TX 78154: Ceiling texture in bedroom is positive for ACM, as did the shingles under the eaves of the front and back porch. Travel Trailer with a roof deck of less than 160 sq ft tested positive for ACM; must be hauled off & disposed intact or remediated and then hauled off.
4. 10712 Lower Seguin Rd., Schertz, TX 78154: Red linoleum in debris pile in shed is positive for ACM.
5. 406 E. Lindbergh Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148: Adhesive caulk under porch ceiling running below the wood shingles tested positive for ACM. Hidden suspects behind the walls.
6. 410 E. Lindbergh Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148: All materials sampled for demolition are NAD, No Asbestos Detected.
7. 414 E. Lindbergh Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148: 453 SQ F of linoleum and mastic tested positive for positive for ACM.
8. 418 E. Lindbergh Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148: A sanitary pipe in the bedroom has transite asbestos containing materials
9. 422 E. Lindbergh Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148: All materials sampled for demolition are NAD, No Asbestos Detected.
10. 449 E. Lindbergh Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148: Pipe next to hot water closet, floor tie.es and mastic in bedrooms 1, 2, & 3 tested positive with multiple hazardous materials. Exterior transite shingles contain 20% Chrystotile.
11. 453 E. Lindbergh Blvd, Universal City, TX 78148: Transite shingles on front lawn and transite shingles on the East side of the house.
12. 999 FM 78, Converse, TX 78109 (Parcel ID 354013-354016) The debris on this property was not sampled for hazardous materials.
14. 10251 Loop 1604, Converse, TX 78109 (Parcel ID 306999) The debris on this property was not sampled for hazardous materials.