Universal City Dog Park
Welcome to Universal City Dog Park!
The Universal City Dog Park opened to the public on June 4, 2011 and was an instant success. The Universal City Dog Park is a place for dog owners to let their pets legally run free without a leash. The 1.3 acre park is located directly next to the Universal City Animal Care and Control Facility at 134 Athenian Drive.
The park features a separate play area for large dogs and for small dogs. Each play area has waste collection and disposal facilities, water stations on concrete pads as well as drinking fountains. To help keep you cool during those hot Texas days there are three shade structures with picnic benches located throughout the park.
Dog Park Rules:
- Users of the dog park do so at their own risk. Risks include but are not limited to the possibility of being bitten, being knocked down, etc. The City of Universal City is not liable for any personal injury or damage caused by any dog in the dog park.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behaviors of their dogs at all times.
- All dogs MUST be leashed when entering and leaving the park. Gates must be securely closed at all times.
- Small dog enclosure is for dogs under 30 pounds only.
- Maximum of three dogs per adult if they can be safely handled.
- Dogs MUST wear a collar/harness with current City license and rabies tag attached.
- Dogs must be kept in sight, under the immediate supervision and verbal control of their owner/handler at all times. Dogs must never be left unattended.
- Dog owner/handler must be in possession of a leash at all times.
- Dogs which exhibit any sign of aggression or threatening behavior MUST be leashed and removed from the park immediately. Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior are PROHIBITED.
- Dogs in heat are PROHIBITED.
- Dogs under 4 months of age are PROHIBITED
- Owner/handler must pick up and dispose of dog's waste all and all litter in containers provided.
- Owner/handler must stop his/her dog from digging and holes must be filled.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dog training classes are not permitted in the park unless approved and permitted by the City.
- Food (pet or human), glass containers, alcohol and smoking are prohibited. (Training treats are permitted)
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades or motorized vehicles (except for handicap accessibility) are prohibited.
REPORT VIOLATIONS ASAP TO ANIMAL CONTROL 210-658-0700, M-F, 8am-5pm & the 2nd and 3rd Saturday of each month from 8am-3pm. NON-EMERGENCY AFTER HOUR CALLS, PLEASE CONTACT POLICE DISPATCH 210-658-5353.